The Senior Director of Information Systems (IS) position plans, directs and manages the IS team in order to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient computer operations to meet current and future decision-making requirements. As a director, the incumbent provides organization-wide direction in areas of policy and planning for data processing and related functions (communications, office systems, reporting, etc.).
Experience in software contract negotiations along with knowledge of PC hardware and software technology is required. Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders is essential to this position.
- Plans and controls IS team staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities to ensure that they are consistent with the business plan of the organization.
- Collaborates extensively with application development, coding, predictive analytics, information analysis and reporting, database architecture and state-of-the art information technology.
- Provides information processing, systems counseling and guidance to management personnel throughout the organization.
- Directs the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet management and organization’s information needs.
- Establishes IS and IT policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information and technology resources.
Manages the expense budget, within budgetary guidelines to contribute to cost-effective operation of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of systems and hardware and incorporates new developments into the future systems of the organization.
- Analyzes requests for new or enhanced systems by reviewing documentation and consulting with end users and technical personnel to assess user needs to determine feasibility of automating solutions to user issues
- Develops programs and hardware systems along with staff to ensure cost-effective and current information system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of employee data, business activities, key information, etc.
- Prior experience in Google Apps Administration in an Enterprise organization.
- Experience in Mac device/desktop management is required.
- Experience in Python is required.
- Good understanding of corporate network, Saas security and Single Sign On (SSO).
- Experience in analyzing data using Excel, Tableau to inform decisions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a major in Information Systems Technologies, Business Administration, Business Management or a related field and training in computer science.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with information technology management, development, operations, hardware and infrastructure.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing one or more information processing functions (operations, development, etc.), working across IT/Infra organizations, and working with end users and/or through advanced training.
- Technical or on-the-job training in programming and hardware installation and maintenance is required to work along with the staff in the effective development of the information systems.
- The ability and skill to program, setup and manage hardware.
- Ability to supervise staff including performance appraisal, employee coaching, training, development, and performance management.
- Demonstrated skills in the identification of business practice improvements and the application of technology to optimize business processes.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and influence organization leaders and stakeholders, facilitating an understanding of security risks as they pertain to operational strategy and practices.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and cross group collaboration skills; adept at managing relationships both internally and externally.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with Apple technology, operating systems and software is a must.
Employee Type: Full-time Exempt
Start Date: February 4, 2019
Benefits: Health, Dental, FSA, 403(b), Bonus Potential
Manages Others: Yes
Report To: Chief Marketing and Administrative Officer