The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and National Black McDonald’s Operators Association and Dr. Pepper are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending a Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs). Twelve (12) scholars will be selected to receive a merit scholarship of $5,000 for 2019 fall semester which can only be applied to verifiable costs associated with average tuition and usual fees.
- Enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior for the 2019-2020 school year
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at a TMCF member-school
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate leadership ability through a variety of measures
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent college transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation from current school professor or faculty member (must be completed online by the recommender)
- Essay questions: What are your interests regarding the hospitality industry? How will your academic major and work experiences prepare you to contribute or change the national and global hospitality industry?
How to Apply:
To apply, click the button below to create or log in to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | NATIONAL BLACK MCDONALD’S OPERATORS ASSOCIATION-DR. PEPPER SCHOLARSHIP application. This application will close on April 28, 2019 (11:59 PM EST)