The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF), and Keybank, are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF member-school network. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of up to $7,500 for the 2019-2020 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member schools. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,750 per semester.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate leadership ability through a variety of measures
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent college transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation from current school professor or faculty member (must be completed online by recommender)
- Essay question: What you have done to make your community a better place to live? Give examples of specific projects in which you have been involved over time.
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below to create or login to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | Keybank Scholarship application. The deadline is March 31, 2019 (11:59pm EST).