The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) – Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Predominantly Black Institutions within the TMCF member-school network. The USDA-NRCS program will focus on inclusion, innovation, and investment in the development of academically exemplary students who have demonstrated the leadership ability to contribute to the vision and mission of the NRCS.
The TMCF | USDA – NRCS Scholars Program is open to outstanding students with a minimum 3.00 GPA. Selected Scholars will receive up to $15,000 in scholarship funding based on individual financial needs that will be applied to their junior and senior years of study. Each scholar will receive an opportunity to develop key skills and receive support and training for natural resource conservation career preparation.
USDA-NRCS Scholarship Requirements:
- Enrolled as a Junior or Senior for the 2019-2020 academic school year
- Enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools for the 2019-2020 academic school year
- Major in a relevant field: agriculture, food sciences, environmental studies, hydrology, veterinary science, human resources, accounting or other related fields
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be recommended by the faculty at your current school
- Majors in a relevant field: agriculture, food sciences, environmental studies, hydrology, veterinary science, human resources, accounting or other related fields
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (unofficial or official copy)
- Recommendation from dean of college, department head or college professor (must be completed online)
- Essay: In 500 words or less, please address the following question: Describe your career vision within the resource conservation field. Specify how your academic program and your overall educational plans will assist you in achieving this goal.
How to Apply
This application is closed.