Through the Government Relations division, TMCF provides unparalleled advocacy and leadership in analyzing, developing and implementing federal and state policy priorities that are integral to advancing TMCF’s mission.
- Secure and protect resources for TMCF, our students and the HBCU community
- Influence federal and state policy developments and implementation
- Enhance visibility of TMCF before policy makers (federal, state and local), stakeholders, and constituents in Washington and globally
- Community Engagement: Strengthen existing external partners and create additional alliances to advance TMCF public policy priorities
- Connect and leverage TMCF advocacy efforts across the member-school network and the HBCU stakeholder community
- Serve as a liaison to the federal government and local officials for our members and students
- Advocate for HBCUs, their students, and minority education to help create a globally competitive workforce
Need Government Relations Assistance?
In addition to the advocacy and government relations support TMCF provides for publicly-supported HBCUs, members may pay a special government relations fee (above the membership fee) to secure in-depth government relations services to advance and grow their specific federal and state funding and public policy priorities.