The Senior Director, Programs will provide leadership and strategic programmatic support for Thurgood Marshall College Fund across the Programs division. He or she will work with the Programs team to set standard operating procedures for all partner programs. These procedures will include standards related to the recruitment process, talent management/development, program evaluation, and reporting. Additionally, the Senior Director, Programs responsibilities will consist of partner and budget management, and collaborating with external and internal stakeholders to ensure the program KPI’s are satisfied.
Executive Vice President of Programs
The Senior Director, Programs is expected to:
• Provide expert project management through the development of project plans, clear timelines, and cross-functional collaboration to ensure successful and timely delivery of stated outcomes.
• Track and manage program budget, ensuring each program component meets budget parameters outlined in the agreement. Provide regular updates to management and clear guidance to team members regarding spending and budget status.
• Employ talent sourcing and outreach strategies to identify a pipeline of talent that meets the specifications of the partner. Work closely with the TMCF Talent Acquisition Team to develop complementary sourcing strategies bridging the work of the partnership with the overall talent strategy of the TMCF organization.
• Collaborate with the revenue division on program designs for potential partners.
• Work with Senior Director of Talent Acquisition and Campus Relations to support proposal development with revenue partners.
• Travel as necessary to support the recruitment of talent while driving overall program awareness with key campus partners.
• Provide ongoing communications to internal stakeholders, including marketing, events, finance, scholarships, and other programs team members to integrate the program work into all TMCF support functions.
• Drive the strategy, approach, and data collection methods to measure program efficacy, and deliver meaningful and timely reports to internal and external stakeholders.
• Document the progress of the program by completing the quarterly and end of year reporting. Identify and share best practices across the Programs team related to recruitment and talent identification, coaching and development, reporting templates, and program evaluation methods.
• Serve as an internal strategic thought leader as it relates to process improvement and standardization of partnership best practices, talent pipelining, campus engagement, data collection, and reporting.
• This is a full-time position Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. During work hours, you are expected to devote your full effort to your work on behalf of TMCF.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job demands.
• Travel required: (70%): Travel is throughout the United States to TMCF member-schools and partner locations. Therefore, overnight lodging may be expected.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• 2-3 years of corporate middle management experience managing people and influencing teams, and leading or managing large scale projects, preferably with P&L (profit and loss) management, and a focus on creating efficiencies and scale for program frameworks and methodologies.
• Exhibit strategic and entrepreneurial thinking. The ideal candidate will be able to design solutions to help meet objectives, expected outcomes, and KPI’s that are within budget and resource parameters.
• Demonstrate financial comprehension. The desired candidate but be able to develop budgets and cost projections.
• Possess a strong ability to learn and leverage TMCF talent identification methods.
• Exude skillful business acumen and executive presence. The desired candidate will need to effectively manage the fine line between TMCF business parameters and partner expectations and needs.
• Research and evaluation; data analytics exposure is moderately preferred.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite for Mac including PowerPoint and Excel.
Employee Type: Full-time Exempt
Compensation: $90- $100K
Start Date: October 7, 2019
Benefits: Health, Dental, FSA, 403(b), Bonus Potential
Manages Others: No, however, that is subject to change.