The Thurgood Marshall College Fund’s (TMCF) Innovation and Entrepreneur (I&E) Program has teamed up with Ally and the Sean Anderson Foundation to find the best and brightest entrepreneurial minds among Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). We’re looking for the greatest young minds, who think critically, creatively and are passionate about solving problems. TMCF will select 10 HBCUs or Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) to participate in the Moguls in the Making competition. Of the ten schools selected to compete, five students from each school will make up their team and represent their institution. This two and a half day business competition will be both challenging and rewarding to you! Students will be tasked with developing solutions to economic problems facing various industries and then pitch their ideas to a panel of expert judges comprised of successful entrepreneurs and business leaders. Each member of the winning team will have a guaranteed internship offer at Ally for summer 2020*, scholarship funds, and other prizes.
*pending background check
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited HBCU or PBI (public or private)
- At least 3.0 GPA. Applicants with 2.75-2.99 must be recommended by department chair or Dean
- Must not have participated in the 2019 competition
- Must be Sophomore Junior, or Senior during the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- Must be in good academic standing with no disciplinary infractions
- Willing to grow and learn in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrates the ability to work well on a team
- Interested in learning how to develop or expand an entrepreneurial mindset
Location: Detroit, MI (transportation & lodging will be provided)
Dates: April 24-27
Application Deadline: November 10, 2019
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create a TMCF Account. Once you sign up and create a TMCF Account, you can complete the Ally | “Moguls in the Making” application. The deadline is November 10, 2019, 11:59 PM EST.
Did you know Ally offers amazing internships?
To learn more or to apply for an internship, click here.