TMCF offers paid 10-week internships during the summer of 2019 from June – August with the United States Department of Agriculture. Interns work in various locations across the United States in state-of-the-art facilities conducting research and contributing to the overall enterprise. Opportunities are generally in the DC area with a 40 hour per week commitment. TMCF interns work on challenging projects while attending career readiness workshops and webinars and receive one-on-one coaching. All majors are welcome to apply.
The United States Department of Agriculture Internship Program provides paid work experience to students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited institution. Interns gain valuable professional development experience in the STEM disciplines, business, communication arts, and other research-based major areas of study. Interns will also take advantage of career training, individual mentoring, research experiences, professional webinars and more.
Benefits to Interns
- Expose students to Federal work experience and agricultural careers
- Collaboration with USDA scientists and research interns
- Possible conversion to a career-conditional appointment after graduation and completion of program requirements
- Currently attending a TMCF member-school
- U.S. Citizen
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (unofficial transcript required)
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate students, and up to 1-year post graduation
General Program Information
- Intern must be willing and able to work 40 hours a week during a 10-week internship
- Roundtrip airfare to the internship site, housing, local travel allowance, and a stipend are included
- Interns are subject to the applicable TMCF and USDA employee rules, regulations, and policies
Summer of 2019 from June – August
Internship Placement Locations
Multiple geographic locations across the U.S.
- Complete Online Application
- Unofficial Transcript
- Video Interview
- Cultural Fit Assessment
NOTE: Selected participants will be required to undergo a National Agency background check before being granted access to government computer systems
May 5, 2019 11:59 PM EST
How to Apply
This application is closed.