The CAO Scholarship and Fellowship Programs are part of the new research and educational initiative established through a partnership with the Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF), Charles Koch Foundation and Koch Industries. The Center’s mission is robust: we seek to expand educational, social and economic opportunities in our nation’s fragile communities. CAO will provide our HBCUs with the opportunity to engage in research and scholarship through our programs.
Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of up to $40,000 for the 2019-2020 academic school year, which will be applied solely to tuition, fees, or other expenses.
CAO Ph.D. Fellowship Requirements:
- Be a current doctoral student at an accredited college or university
- Have applied to a doctoral program and awaiting a decision from the college or university
- Must be pursuing a doctoral in an eligible discipline (Business, Criminal Justice, Economics, Education, Philosophy or Political Science)
- Must have received a four-year degree from an HBCU
- Provide most recent Student Aid Report (received from FAFSA)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- The applicant must exhibit a continued interest in pursuing a career aimed at furthering education, criminal justice or entrepreneurialism research at HBCUs
- The applicant must be interested in pursuing research in education, criminal justice, or entrepreneurialism
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- Resume (include leadership, employment/internship experience, community service)
- Most recent Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (official or unofficial)
- Recommendation from three individuals (one doctoral advisor recommendation and two other education recommendations)
- Answer two short essay questions (250 words)
- Answer one full-length essay question (500 words)
- Must provide a brief description of your research proposal
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create a TMCF Account. Once you sign up and create a TMCF Account, you can complete the Center for Advancing Opportunity Doctoral Fellowship application. The deadline is March 31, 2019, 11:59 PM EST.