The Center for Advancing Opportunity (CAO), established through a partnership with the Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF), Charles Koch Foundation and Koch Industries is driving the discovery of evidence-based solutions to remove barriers to opportunity. Our mission is clear–expand educational, social and economic opportunities in our nation’s fragile communities. CAO is looking for students passionate about eliminating inequality and pursuing careers that can contribute to achieving this goal. The CAO Undergraduate Research Scholarship is a merit-based program for undergraduates obtaining degrees in fields of study related to the CAO mission.
Scholarship recipients are eligible to receive up to $7,500 per year and are only applicable to tuition and fees.
CAO Undergraduate Scholarship Requirements:
- Enrolled full-time at any four-year HBCU
- Must be pursuing a degree in an eligible discipline (Business, Criminal Justice, Economics, Education, Philosophy, Political Science or Sociology)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America
- Classified as a rising junior or senior as of Fall 2018
- The applicant must be involved in pursuing research in education, criminal justice, or entrepreneurialism
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- Resume (include leadership, employment/internship experience, community service, research experience);
- Most recent Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA);
- Most recent transcript (official or unofficial);
- Recommendation from two individuals including current school professor or faculty member (recommender must upload the recommendation letter online);
- Answer four short essay questions (250 words)
- Answer one full-length essay question (500 words)
- Must provide a brief description of a faculty-mentored research project or scholarly activity
How to Apply
This application is closed.