The Center for Advancing Opportunity (CAO), established through a partnership with the Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF), Charles Koch Foundation and Koch Industries is driving the discovery of evidence-based solutions to remove barriers to opportunity. Our mission is clear–expand educational, social and economic opportunities in our nation’s fragile communities. CAO is looking for students passionate about eliminating inequality and pursuing careers that can contribute to achieving this goal. The CAO Undergraduate Research Scholarship is a merit-based program for undergraduates obtaining degrees in fields of study related to the CAO mission.
Scholarship recipients may receive up to $7,500 per year and is only applicable to tuition and fees.
CAO Undergraduate Scholarship Requirements:
- Enrolled full-time at any four-year HBCU
- Must be pursuing a degree in an eligible discipline (Business, Criminal Justice, Economics, Education, Philosophy, Political Science or Sociology)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America
- Classified as a rising junior or senior as of Fall 2018
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- Resume (include leadership, employment/internship experience, community service);
2018-2019 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA);
- Most recent transcript (official or unofficial);
- Recommendation from two individuals including current school professor or faculty member (recommender must complete online);
- Identify one person or book that has influenced your thinking about reforming criminal justice, improving education or advancing economic opportunity. In one sentence explain how and why that person or book has influenced you;
- Essay Question (500 words): Explain why the mission of the Center for Advancing Opportunity (CAO) is important today and how the mission relates to your education and career goals.
How to Apply
This application is closed.