The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and the Coca-Cola Foundation are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding first-year students attending one of the seven pre-selected publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF 47 member-school network. Six selected scholars will receive a four-year scholarship up to $5,000 per year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, and required textbooks purchased from member-schools. The scholarship will be disbursed in the fall and spring semesters at $2,500 per semester.
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Be accepted and enrolled as a 2019-2020 full-time incoming-freshman student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools listed below (only):
- Alabama State University
- Albany State University
- Norfolk State University
- North Carolina Central University
- Prairie View A & M University
- Savannah State University
- Tuskegee University
- Have a high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Be recommended by a high school counselor
- Demonstrate outstanding financial need
- Demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent high school transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation letter from your high school counselor (must be completed online by the recommender)
- Essay question: What would it mean to you and your community to be the first person in your family to earn a college degree?
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below to create or log in to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | Coca-Cola Foundation First-Generation HBCU Scholarships application. This application will close June 30, 2019 (11:59 PM EST).