The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and the Coca-Cola Foundation are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding first-year students attending one of the seven pre-selected publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF 47 member-school network. Six selected scholars will receive a four-year scholarship up to $5,000 per year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, and required textbooks purchased from member-schools. The scholarship will be disbursed in the fall and spring semesters at $2,500 per semester.
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Be accepted and enrolled as a 2019-2020 full-time incoming-freshman student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools listed below (only):
- Alabama State University
- Albany State University
- Norfolk State University
- North Carolina Central University
- Prairie View A & M University
- Savannah State University
- Tuskegee University
- Have a high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Be recommended by a high school counselor
- Demonstrate outstanding financial need
- Demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent high school transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation letter from your high school counselor (must be completed online by the recommender)
- Essay question: What would it mean to you and your community to be the first person in your family to earn a college degree?
How to Apply
This application is closed.