The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and FedEx are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF member-school network. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of up to $8,000 for the 2019-2020 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member schools. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $4,000 per semester.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Open to business and logistics majors only
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate leadership ability through a variety of measures
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent college transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation from current school professor or faculty member (must be completed online by recommender)
- Essay questions: What inspired you to pursue a degree in your current field of study and how do you plan to use your studies to achieve your future career goals? Are there any unusual or extraordinary circumstances related to your personal life experiences or financial position?
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below to create or log in to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | FedEx Scholarship application. This application will close May 5, 2019, at (11:59 PM EST).