The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and McDonald’s are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF member-school network. Six (6) scholars will be selected to receive a merit scholarship of $10,000 for the 2019-2020 academic year, which can be applied to verifiable costs associated with average tuition and usual fees.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student (freshman, sophomore, junior or senior) or a graduate student for the 2019-2020 school year
- Open to all majors
- Demonstrate leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Demonstrate a strong community service record
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration:
- Most recent college transcript (unofficial or official)
- Must answer all questions listed below:
- Hirevue questions: What experiences have you had in your life that inspired your field of study choice? What have you learned from your experience attending an HBCU? How will you use what you learned to reach your career goals and impact your community?
- One-minute video (YouTube or Vimeo Link) or photo montage (PDF): Use your creativity to visually show who you were, who you are, and who you want to be in the future.
- Essay question: How does working in service of others, advance us all? And what will you do next to make your mark on the world? (Please share your amazing plans to change the way the world works)
- Must select and answer one question based on your field of study, major or interest listed below:
- Business Major or Interest-Essay questions: When did you know you wanted to take an entrepreneurial path? How has your class work and or major helped you to achieve your entrepreneurial goals and aspirations?
- Music major or interest- Essay questions: How does music inspire you? How do you use music to inspire others?”
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below to create or log in to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | McDonald’s Black and Positively Golden Scholarships application. This application will close on May 5, 2019 (11:59 PM EST).