The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and the National Hockey League are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students in the Hockey is for Everyone (HIFE) program. The scholarship is open to all graduating high school seniors/incoming college freshman with a minimum 2.5 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a four-year merit scholarship of $6,200.00, which is used to cover the cost of tuition, fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks.
All students nominated for this program must meet the following minimum criteria to qualify for a scholarship:
- A student participant of Hockey is for Everyone in the United States and Canada
- Grade point average of 2.5 or higher in senior year of high school (minimum 2.5 grade point average must be maintained in each semester throughout college career as well)
- Demonstrated leadership experience
The scholarship application and selection process is competitive. To apply, students must complete the following:
- One recommendation from a faculty or staff member at your school (online submission)
- Submission of a copy of the FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Most recent transcript (official or unofficial)
- Address the question: How has Hockey impacted your life?
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address ONE of the following questions:
- What do you consider to be society’s most important problem? Why?
- Explain the importance of your major in today’s society?
- What does it mean to be the first person in your family to receive a college degree?
How to Apply
The application is now closed.