The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Wells Fargo are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. The Wells Fargo Scholarship is open to students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a one-year merit scholarship of up to $5,000 for the 2019-2020 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member schools. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $2,500 per semester.
Wells Fargo Scholarship Requirements
- Enrolled as a Sophomore, Junior or Senior for the 2019-2020 school year
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated financial need
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with valid permanent resident card
- Open to all majors
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent college transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation from current school professor or faculty member (must be completed online by the recommender)
- Essay: Please address the following question: What college course has had the greatest impact on you with regard to your worldview, personal growth and/or career plans? Why? How will this affect your plans for the future?
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create or login to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | Wells Fargo Scholarship application. This application is closed.