The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) is proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF 47 member-school network. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship up to $7,200 for the 2019-2020 academic school year which can be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, and required textbooks purchased from member-schools. The scholarship will be disbursed in the fall and spring semesters at $3,600 per semester.
- Enrolled as a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior for the 2019-2020 school year
- Enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Open to all majors
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate outstanding financial need
- Demonstrate leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (unofficial or official copy)
- Recommendation letter from current school professor or faculty member (must be completed online by the recommender)
- Recommendation from current school faculty or staff member (must be completed online)
- Essay: In 500 words or less, please answer the following questions:
a) Discuss and explain how your major will impact today’s society?
b) How will you utilize your major to make a difference in the community?
How to Apply
This application is closed.