The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Altria Client Services are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. This scholarship is open to students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a one-year merit scholarship of $6,200 for the 2016-2017 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member schools. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,100 per semester.
- Be enrolled as a Sophomore or Junior with priority given to Juniors at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools for the 2016-2017 school year
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Declared interest in a corporate career as described in personal essay or interview
- Open ONLY to the following majors: Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science / Management Information Systems, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, Engineering disciplines (including: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering), and Human Resources
- U.S. Citizenship
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- Resume (include community service, leadership and employment/internship experience)
- 2016-2017 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Current transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation from current school faculty member
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question:
- Describe a solution you would propose to resolve a current issue such as health care, economy, education or discrimination.
How to Apply
This application is closed.