The TMCF Fleischer HBCU Scholars Program provides high-achieving juniors, who will be graduating from high school in 2021, the opportunity to experience college life, entrepreneurship, and business during a week-long residential program. The TMCF Fleischer HBCU Scholars Program is tailored to students from underserved and underrepresented communities. The goal of the program is to provide informational and financial resources to help students set a clear path to college degree attainment while helping to develop 21st-century skills that foster career success.
The TMCF Fleischer HBCU Scholars Program will be hosted on three HBCU campuses during the summer of 2020. Below are the schools that hosted the 2019 program scholars:
- Fayetteville State University in Fayetteville, NC
- Texas Southern University in Houston, TX
- Virginia State University in Petersburg, VA
Please check back periodically for the 2020 host schools.
Students will learn the necessary skills for success in college and beyond by participating in the following activities:
- Discover academic and career opportunities in business
- Participate in professional and leadership development activities
- Interact with students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Find out more about university admission and available financial assistance options
- Build a peer network with other rising seniors/students from around the state in a cohort style program; develop relationships with students with similar interests
Students interested in applying for the 2019 TMCF Fleischer HBCU Scholars program should be prepared to:
- Complete an online application available on respective university websites beginning on October 15, 2018
- Provide academic transcripts demonstrating a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Share extracurricular activities including school and community Involvement, clubs, organizations, community service, and work experience
- Write a personal statement
- Obtain a letter of recommendation
Cost : It’s FREE to participate in the program and housing and meals are covered for all student scholars.
Looking for Talent?
Are you looking for diverse talent? TMCF has access to a highly qualified and diverse talent pool of more than 500,000 students and alumni from our 47 member-schools.