The CAO Scholarship and Fellowship Programs are part of the new research and educational initiative established through a partnership with the Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF), Charles Koch Foundation and Koch Industries. The Center’s mission is robust: we seek to expand educational, social and economic opportunities in our nation’s fragile communities. CAO will provide our HBCUs with the opportunity to engage in research and scholarship through our programs. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of $7,500 for the 2017-2018 academic school year, which will be applied solely to tuition and fees. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,750 per semester.
CAO Undergraduate Research Scholarship Requirements
- Enrolled full-time at a four-year HBCU (must be an accredited college or university)
- Must be pursuing a degree in an eligible discipline (Business, Criminal Justice, Economics, Education, Philosophy or Political Science)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America
- Classified as a rising junior as of Fall 2017
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- Resume (include leadership, employment/internship experience, community service)
- 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (official or unofficial)
- Recommendation from three individuals including current school professor or faculty member (recommender must complete online)
- Essay Question *Provide a list of three people or books that have influenced your thinking about how reforming criminal justice, improving education or reforming corporate welfare can advance the understanding and practice of how a free and open society enables a culture of mutual benefit, where individuals succeed by helping others to live meaningful lives. Explain in one sentence how each has influenced you
How to Apply
This application is closed.