TEACHER QUALITY & RETENTION PROGRAM (TQRP)
The goal of TQRP is to recruit, support and retain the next generation of leaders from HBCUs to teach students in underserved urban and rural communities. All education majors are welcome to apply. In addition, to meet the growing need for science and math teachers in secondary schools, STEM majors in their junior or senior year are strongly encouraged to apply. TQRP is a 5-year, year-round professional development opportunity.
Below are the requirements for those interested in applying for this opportunity.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- U.S. Citizen or National/Permanent Resident Status
- Current TMCF member-school student or alumni
- Education or STEM major
- Participate in an intensive Summer Institute each year
- Engage in interactive online support sessions throughout each year