The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Honda are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students within the TMCF member-school network. Selected scholars will receive a one-year merit scholarship of $5,000 for the 2018-2019 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and academic fees. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $2,500 per semester. Students must meet the following minimum criteria to apply for the award:
TMCF | Honda Scholarship Requirements
- Must plan to enroll or be enrolled as a fulltime student at one of the 47 TMCF member-schools
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities and community service experience
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Be recommended by the faculty or staff member of your current school
- Open only to undergraduate students
- Priority given to majors in engineering, supply chain and manufacturing.
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents (at the same time that you are completing the application):
- 2018-2019 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (unofficial or official copy)
- Recommendation from current school faculty or staff member (must be completed online)
- Essay: In 500-1000 words, please address the following question:
- Honda celebrates innovative problem solving that helps people, communities, & the world. Describe how your education would allow you to leverage technological problem-solving in the car industry.
How to Apply
This application is now closed.