The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF), in partnership with MillerCoors, are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of up to $6,700 for the 2018-2019 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member schools. Award will be disbursed in the Fall and Spring semesters.
MillerCoors Scholarship Requirements
- Open to students 21 years of age or older by June 1, 2018 in any classification
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated financial need
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- 2018-2019 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent college transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation from current school professor or faculty member (must be completed online by recommender)
- Essay: *In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question: What inspired you to pursue a degree in your current field of study and how do you plan to use your studies to achieve your future career goals?
Documents must be in PDF format only. Only completed applications will be considered.
How to Apply
The application is now closed.