The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and MillerCoors are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF member-school network. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of up to $6,700 for the 2019-2020 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member schools. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,350 per semester.
- Students must be 21 years of age or older by June 1, 2019 in any classification
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated financial need
- Demonstrate leadership ability through a variety of measures
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent college transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation from current school professor or faculty member (must be completed online by recommender)
- Essay question: What inspired you to pursue a degree in your current field of study and how do you plan to use your studies to achieve your future career goals?
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create or log in to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | MillerCoors Scholarship application. The deadline is May 12, 2019 (11:59 PM EST).