The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Ford Motor Company Fund are proud to offer financial assistance to graduating high school seniors who plan to attend one of the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. The Ford Blue Oval Scholarship is open only to African American male students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of $6,200 for the 2018-2019 academic school year. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,100 per semester.
Ford Blue Oval Scholarship Program
- Be an African-American Male Graduating High School Senior
- Must plan to enroll as a full-time freshman student at one of TMCF’s 47 member schools for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- 2018-2019 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (unofficial or official transcript)
- Recommendation Letter from current school faculty member (Must be completed online by the recommender)
- Essay: Please the following questions: What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of transitioning from high school to college? How will you overcome that challenge? What is your motivation to do so? Please be as descriptive as possible.
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create or login to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | Ford Blue Oval Scholarship application. The deadline is April 1, 2018, 11:59pm EST.