The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Ford Motor Company Fund are proud to offer financial assistance to graduating high school seniors who plan to attend one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF member-school network. The Ford Blue Oval Scholarship is open only to African American male students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of $6,200 for the 2019-2020 academic school year. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,100 per semester.
- Be an African American male graduating high school senior
- Enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools for the 2019-2020 academic school year
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (unofficial or official transcript)
- Recommendation from current school faculty member (Must be completed online by the recommender)
- Essay questions: What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of transitioning from high school to college? How will you overcome that challenge? What is your motivation to do so? Please be as descriptive as possible.
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below to create or login to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | Ford Blue Oval Scholarship application. The deadline is March 31, 2019 (11:59 PM EST).